Tuesday, June 1, 2010

cranky-kins


lucas drinking from a drippy mister. he knows how to sell it, right?



do you ever feel impossibly cranky? the brand of cranky where you can only surface from it for an hour or two at a time?

i am sorry to say that i have been wrestling with crankiness for the past several days. crankiness quite possibly has me in the most relentless headlock of all time.

i find this terribly disappointing as tarot.com has assured me that with saturn going direct, it is, in fact, my turn to "get back in step with the beat and get out on the dance floor of life". i'm counting on you, saturn.

in spite of my general petulance, there are/have been reasons to crack a smile today. they are/were:

1) school will be out in 9 days!!!!

2) someone left a VERY good treat on my front door. xoxoxo

3) i did not hit another curb and knock my hubcap off in the school parking lot... again.

4) i have orange creamsicles in the freezer. they are waiting for me, and i will rendezvous with them as soon as i finish up, here.

5) all 3 boys passed out during the bedtime story, but i kept reading because i wanted to know what would happen next. ah, suspense!!

the memorial day weekend, in review. we attended 2 barbecues. we saw 2 sets of friends and 2 sides of families. the boys swam 1 time. we watched 1 movie (the hurt locker). we ate 0 donuts because our donut place was out (say what?!?!) by the time we got there. oh, and we made 1 trip to wal-mart which was 1 trip too many.

what about you? did you swim? what did you eat? was it delicious? should i try to make beignets from scratch? will i regret it? does regret really count when your fingers are all sugary and sticky?

don't answer that last one.

5 comments:

  1. Steph, currently Karma is taking a fat dump on my head, complete with corn niplets and carrot pieces. It's not a fun place. Since April: Lost MP3 player in NYC, lost camera in New Meixco, lost phone charger in San Jose, updated phone software and can't access ANY MUSIC OR PICS and phone is glitchy. So currently a perma-scowl has been adhered to my otherwiese cheery disposition. As for my weekend; saw Shandel graduate from college, so proud, no swimming, I ate at On the Border, some more mexican food, crappy breakfast at hotel, and not enough ice cream, lol. YES...make beignets from scratch and I will help you make/eat them. Sunny spot...your blog. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading both this blog and Mr. Colby Cheese's comments. You are both great people who make me smile... even though we are only virtual friends nowadays. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. colby- very sorry to hear about all the lost items and the ickiness that their loss imparted. (NO MUSIC OR PICS!?!?!?!?!?!) so lame. and we should make/ eat the beignets together. or, i will make them on a trial run, and if they are as delightful as the ones in my head, we can make them again. and, i think we might have to dance a little when we sift the powdered sugar on top. doesn't sifting require a little shimmy?

    sarah- you make me smile, too. and that could be because when i think of you, i imagine a photo that i took of you sophomore year where you have the neck of your t-shirt pulled off one shoulder and you are giving the camera a smoldering look. you, colby and i should get together and giggle inappropriately in public. what do you say?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I surely do like that idea! In fact, I am looking smoulderingly at the monitor now as I type this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...And I'm on this end giggling in s semi public place as I type this. Glad we're all enyjoying our comments and this awesome blog (blogsome?). I feel like I should write one too...but being the negative nancy that I sometimes am...it will just turn into one like whine...guess I could call it Colby Cheese's White Whine...whow knows! LOL.

    ReplyDelete