Thursday, May 27, 2010

i am arwog

or, at least, i am when my fingers miss the home keys. for better or for worse, arwog is not capable of signing into the various sites where my name is required. consequently, web-related rejections abound.

i've made this typographical error multiple times this week... because i still don't feel all that great and i am super-spacey.

was i supposed to call you?

were we supposed to meet for lunch?

do i still have packets of information to fill out that i promised you over a week ago?

i do apologize.

a couple things have snapped me out of my brain-fog today. they are:

1) the realization that i had skipped a key piece of clothing while getting dressed. fear not. the sudden, and keen knowledge that something was amiss, alerted me before i made a grand debut anywhere.

2) singing along to c & c music factory (everybody dance now) in the car, and noting that i still remembered all the words to the unfortunate rap (?) sequence. you're judging me, aren't you?

3) isaac and jacob each kissing lucas hello when we picked them up from school. lucas giggled after each kiss, and i felt lucky.

4) during our after-school car ride, we came across a man in the bike lane. you couldn't miss him. he was wearing a fluorescent green shirt. and a camo hat. and riding an child's ancient scooter. the scooter appeared to be backward, like with 2 wheels in front and one in back. but he was holding onto a set of handles, so maybe i've gotten something skewed here. in any case, he was riding that thing like a maniac. i passed him. then, he came up next to us at a stoplight. it made me wonder...

is he riding it for fun?

did his car break down?

is it some kind of work-out?

should i check to make sure my doors are locked?

when the light turned green, we left him behind. but i could see him in my rearview mirror. he looked determined. and exuberant. and, you know, i kind of admired him.

i am now coherent enough to use my stove and make dinner, so i'm going to get to it.

arwog, over and out.


i love these birds. i don't know why. but i finally photographed them, so that i won't ever forget about them. yeah, i like them that much.

4 comments:

  1. Jake says he's seen that guy. He stopped and took a nap in Sugarhouse one day recently, right across from the fire station. Jake turned to his partner and commented, "Hey, at least we won't have far to go when we get that call."

    Arwog rocks my socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, I find that when I tpyee to fast and tery to enter a wesbites name I get my leters just pumb..bplum..plumb backwards and forwads etc, etc, etcetera. (spelling errors were left in for dramatic effect) My ".com" is always ".colm" or ".cdom" or any other computation. And steph....I shall not judge for I also know wrap portion of that song....and several more of their songs as well. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rap...not wrap. SEEE!!! There I go again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wood comnt, howevr mst gi to Rlys r els...lv yo

    ReplyDelete