Tuesday, August 17, 2010

summer delight




the end of summer makes me feel sad. and kind of forlorn.

(when i write the word "forlorn", i think of an incredibly regrettable poem that attempts to make it rhyme with the word "unicorn". write me such a poem, and i will frame it. and love it. every single day. do it.)

a quick review of this summer's bounty:

i came back into the world of shorts. good for me. lame for onlookers.

i found and made (3 times!) the best cake for strawberry shortcake.

the boys all gained some freckles, and i wanted to name each of them. frederick, pip, vince, zeus, etc.

we tried out the drive-in movies and LOVED it. nobody even noticed that i held the bag of kettle corn the entire time...

we gained a big-boy bed and lost a couch.

the boys swam like fish. ate like horses. grew like weeds. and swore like sailors. (one of those was false)

i stayed up late, chatting with friends and doing my nails.

i didn't blow dry my hair unless i had to.

lucas and i were best friends.

isaac kissed me every day and made me laugh even when i shouldn't.

jacob built some amazing lego stuff, and made me tear up when he sang along to the radio in the car. (come on, usher really tugs on the heartstrings.)

we watched enough old reruns of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE to convince us to watch the summer 2010 season.

we've had joint family outings with friends which multiplied the fun by the hundreds.

i've considered revisiting my childhood friendship bracelet making frenzy. what do you think? would it be rad?




5 comments:

  1. My life is forlorn
    For I have no unicorn
    Time hast taken thee.

    It's a haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, and yes, it would be rad. Sign me up. Blue is my best color, a deep blue, like azure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. colby-

    best. haiku. ever!

    and you are officially on the waiting list for a stephmade friendship bracelet. or as the kids are calling them, a "steph-let".

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm in for green, any green

    ReplyDelete
  5. one green stephlet coming up, k. look for it this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete