Friday, March 26, 2010

have you ever?




i was thinking while on the road today about preferences and habits.  i was mostly thinking about that because of the decals on the car in front of me.  i thought the decals were mostly ridiculous, but it got me wondering what people would think if i slapped a couple of my quirks on the back of the van.  i could certainly market these stickers, if any of my pals also share these preferences, so i'm just wondering... have you ever:
1.  forgotten you had a guest in your home and marched (literally) past them singing, "the little drummer boy"?  and, not in december.
2.  accidentally stolen a bottle of vitamins because you didn't see them in the bottom of your stroller, and then, couldn't take them until you'd paid for them because you were certain that they would be ineffective on a thief like you?  
3.  crawled along the floor of the grocery store looking for iron man's shoulder plate?  and were less bugged by doing that than by people's reactions to you crawling around on the floor?    
4.  thought neon pink might be your color  (not 20 years ago, like recently.  or today, even.) ?
5.  bought a ginormous bag of salt-water taffy, in spite of hating it, just because it was sooooooo pretty?
6.  caught sight of your reflection, and realized that the facial expression that you must be wearing at least 50% of the time says something like "i don't have time for this"?
7.  refused to pass someone on the road because, from behind, it looked like their passenger was a human-sized stuffed bear, and you liked that idea so much you couldn't bear for it to be disproved?  
8.  made cookie dough but never actually baked it because you just kept it in the fridge and ate it every time you walked by?  every time.  
9.  been the person who can be counted on to laugh every time you hear the quote, "are you out of your vulcan mind"?  and can you somehow make that mean that you have a very sophisticated sense of humor?  
10.  wondered if wall.e isn't more human than a lot of humans that you know?  his little clickety-click hands(?) really get me.  
in any case, if you can answer "yes" to any of these questions, a) we are meant to be, and b) i'll start printing those bumper stickers.   

8 comments:

  1. Okay, I gots a rep to keep up here, ya know. So, I'm not going to say which one(s), but I will simply say...YES!

    And of course we were meant to be! I knew it from the earliest days of late night donut runs in the back of what's-his-name's truck and Mineshaft groovin'. Didn't you?

    PS--You should write a book. No, seriously. I'd buy it. Heck, I'd buy several copies and give it away to everyone I liked well enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, melissa! i knew we were meant to be back then, too. that donut place was awesome! and i wish we could have a mineshaft reunion... in fact, i'm sort of in love with that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #8 - Yes. All the time. Next time I come I'm bringing cookie dough...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6, 8, 9, 10...especially 10. You know me and my affinity for humans. I've read extensively on the subject of robots in fiction, and more often than not they are more human than humans. I see these robots as a means by which we explore and experience our own humanity...that is...if we listen to them (robots that is...like WALL-E). (and yes, I totally just geeked out, but I rocked it. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. colby- you are so right...and i love geekery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes to 2, 3, 6, 8, 9 & 10 and so many more you haven't posted yet

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, k. i know the ones you're talking about!!! (and those are in mass production.)

    ReplyDelete