Thursday, January 20, 2011

welcome 2011 and happy birthday, k!

me, k , and our pal, jeff on walk day 2010

i don't know about you, but 2011 seems like it has the potential to be awesome. i hope i won't have jinxed it just by saying that. here are some things that lead me to believe that this is my kind of year...

1. the first week of january, i cleaned out my closet. you can't fully appreciate that without having seen my closet, but have you ever had something explode in a microwave? yep. pretty close.

2. we already filed our taxes.

3. i finally watched "inception" and "eat, pray, love".

4. i got unlimited text. does that explain why i might be texting you all the time for no good reason? partly.

5. i've taken all 3 boys to the grocery store by myself, twice! once in the dark! and i remembered my reusable bags both times! **note: i didn't lose anyone. nobody ran more than an arm's length from me. i was not suckered into buying any dvd's. this is PROGRESS.**

6. i made one colossal Sunday dinner consisting of 2 roasted chickens, mashed potatoes, rolls, and steamed zucchini. bonus: 2 pumpkin pies for dessert. (i imagine you clapping at this point.)

7. my mom, the tutors, and i took the boys to chuck e. cheese for the school fundraiser night. it went remarkably smoothly. i only had to sternly reprimand one child...and it wasn't my child. the boys and i all played air hockey (my favorite!) and i think we might need to get our own table (yes!). thank you, mom and tutors!

8. i feel luckier and more grateful for the people in my life.

9. january is the birthmonth for some of my favorite people: my mom, my aunt sharon, my sweet lucas (5! next week!) and also, my dear friend, k. which brings me to...

10. TODAY IS K'S BIRTHDAY!!! k doesn't like pda. but she does like my blog. k, you are the best kind of friend. i think 2011 is your year, too! love you!

4 comments:

  1. I think you are right Steph, 2011 has the makings of a great year! I do love this blog, thank you for pouring your clever thoughts, your mischievous under currents, your love of family and all that is good into this blog. Looking forward to what's ahead and what we can get up to in 2011.

    p.s. the gifts are really great, totally unexpected and exactly perfect, thanks Steph! i'll stop here as i'll infringe on my pda rights, but you know i love you very much and so glad our lives intersected - can't imagine a world without you in it.
    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are doing well. It's nice to read some of your adventures and what you are thinking. Keep the blogs coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So glad to hear all the awesome stuff you have done this month! I do need to see both those movies, too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you, friends!

    k- so glad i got to see you on your birthday, even though it was brief. raincheck on the cup of tea...

    jacob- you are sweet to check up on my blog. i read about your holiday adventures last week. if we ever make it to utah, i expect an air hockey tournament on your new table.

    stacey- we own "inception" if you want to borrow it...

    ReplyDelete